17 Feb Roast Duck with Orange Glaze
Prep Time:10min. Cooking Time:2hrs Serves:4-6
You Will Need:
- Whole Duck ( About 2kgs)
- Salt and Pepper
- Olive Oil
For The Glaze
- Juice of 2 Oranges
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 2 Tbsp Sweet Orange Marmalade
- 1 tsp grated Ginger
- 3 Cloves Garlic, grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Butter
- Rinse Duck and Dry thoroughly, tie the legs together with a string.
- In a roasting pan, season duck with Olive Oil , Paprika, Salt & Pepper and cover with aluminium foil
- Roast in a pre heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for 1h30min
- Remove Duck from oven and let it rest for 10min, score it in a diamond shape pattern
- Using a brush, apply the Orange Glaze/ Sauce all over the Duck making sure it’s well coated and put it back in the oven, uncovered for a further 20-30min until the skin is nice and crispy.
- Serve with root vegetables and a garden salad.
- In a saucepan bring all the Orange glaze ingredients to boil, whisking the mixture until the marmalade is dissolved
- And then reduce heat, let is simmer until the sauce is thick and syrupy
- Brush over the Duck and use some as a sauce when serving