17 Nov Potato Dauphinoise
Prep time: 15min, Cooking Time: 50min, Serves: 6-8
You Will Need:
- 8 Large Potatoes
- 500ml Fresh Cream
- 300ml Fresh Milk
- 6 cloves of Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium Onion, cut into an onion ring
- 2 Tbs Aromat (Optional)
- 2 Tbs Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 Cup Grated cheese for topping
- Peel and cut potatoes into round discs, about 1mm thick.
- In a pot, layer the potatoes and add the seasoning: Parsley, Garlic, aromat, salt & pepper
- Now add fresh cream and milk, put on the stove bring to the boil and cook for about 15-20min, or until the potatoes are almost soft(don’t let them get too soft)
- Once done, take them off the stove
- In an ovenproof dish, oil it with butter and then layer half the potatoes using a slotted spoon.
- Now layer the chopped onion rings and season some more if you wish.
- Transfer the other half of the potatoes into the ovenproof dish.
- Now pour the garlic-infused cream(the one you boiled the potatoes in) into the potatoes, just enough to seep through the different layers of the potatoes and just covering the top layers.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 200 degrees Celsius for about 25-30 minutes or until potatoes are soft and a bit brownish at the top and the cream has formed a nice thick consistency.
- Now sprinkle the cheese and bake for a further 5-10 minutes, until the cheese is melted and has turned a little brown.
- Serve with Roast Lamb or and Roast of your choice, Vegetables and/or salads.