15 Mar Oven Baked Peppadew Salmon with Creamy Garlic & Lemon Sauce
Prep Time 10 Min, Cooking Time 25 Min , Serves 4
You will need:
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 3/4 Cup Peppadew, chopped
- 2 chopped Spring Onions
- 2 Tbsp Juice of Fresh Lemon
- 1 tsp dried Oregano
- 1 tsp dried Thyme
- Olive Oil
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Drizzle olive oil over salmon snd then season with salt & pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix the peppadew, spring onions, olive oil, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, salt & pepper and blend together with a spoon.
- Place individual salmon fillets, skin side down on top of a sheet of foil. Fold the opposite ends of the foil to form a packet.
- Spoon the peppadew mixture over the salmon, coating the whole fish. Now fold the other sides of the foil over the fish and peppadew mixture, covering it completely and seal the packets closed.
- Bake until Salmon is cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and serve.
Serve with Mash Potatoes , Asparagus and Creamy Garlic & Lemon Sauce
Creamy Garlic & Lemon Sauce
You Will Need:
- 1/4 cup Fresh cream
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Juice of 1/2 a Lemon
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 sprig of Fresh Rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, heat a little olive oil and add minced garlic . Cook on a low heat until soft and then add the white wine and rosemary sprig, increase the heat to medium and let it cook for about 4 minutes until reduced by approximately 1/3, be careful not to burn the garlic as this will make the sauce taste bitter. The garlic should be translucent not brown.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add cream and stir to combine . Return the pan to the heat and stir until it begins to bubble, reduce this on low heat until the sauce thickens, add lemon and stir.
- Remove the rosemary sprig.
- Add butter, salt and pepper and taste the sauce, add more if necessary.
Pour the sauce over Salmon when serving and enjoy 🙂