03 Mar Ostrich Steak on a Bed of Cauliflower Puree
Serves: 4, Cooking Time: 15min
You Will Need:
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 250ml Fresh Cream
- 1Tbsp Butter
- 1tsp Robertson’s Crushed Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pomegranate seeds for garnishing (optional)
- In a pot, steam cauliflower in a little water for about 6-10min or until it’s soft.
- Drain excess water, and pour in the fresh cream. Bring to boil on low heat then add garlic, Salt & Pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside, add butter and blend the mixture using a stick – hand -blender until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
Serve with Steak, Grilled Chicken, etc
Season Ostrich Steak with Dried crushed garlic, Salt & Pepper and let it rest for 10min. In a pan heat oil and add rosemary, fresh garlic. Fry your ostrich Steak for 4minutes each side if you prefer it medium rare and for longer if you prefer it ‘burnt’🤷🏽♀️.
Serve on a bed of Cauliflower Purée with Strawberry sauce.