03 Mar Ostrich Steak on a Bed of Cauliflower Puree
Serves: 4, Cooking Time: 15min
You Will Need:
- 1 Head Cauliflower, cut into florets
- 250ml Fresh Cream
- 1Tbsp Butter
- 1tsp Robertson’s Crushed Garlic
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Pomegranate seeds for garnishing (optional)
- In a pot, steam cauliflower in a little water for about 6-10min or until it’s soft.
- Drain excess water, and pour in the fresh cream. Bring to boil on low heat then add garlic, Salt & Pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside, add butter and blend the mixture using a stick – hand -blender until smooth and creamy.
- Taste and add more seasoning if needed.
Serve with Steak, Grilled Chicken, etc
Season Ostrich Steak with Dried crushed garlic, Salt & Pepper and let it rest for 10min. In a pan heat oil and add rosemary, fresh garlic. Fry your ostrich Steak for 4minutes each side if you prefer it medium rare and for longer if you prefer it ‘burnt’.
Serve on a bed of Cauliflower Purée with Strawberry sauce.