28 Dec Lamb Shank
Posted at 09:31h in PhilileCooks 16 Comments
You Will Need:
- 4 Lamb Shanks
- Carrots – cut into chunks
- Button Mushrooms
- 2 Stalks Celery- Finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 6 Young/ Small onions – (whole)
- Half Green pepper – finely chopped
- 500ml Good Quality Dry Red Wine
- 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- Fresh Rosemary ( a handful )
- Fresh Thyme (a handful)
- Dried Oregano -one spoon
- 6 Cloves of Garlic halved
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil 15ml
- Season the lamb shanks with salt and pepper and let them rest.
- Heat oil in a heavy pot (it must also be oven proof).
- Sear the shanks till brown, remove from pot and put aside
- In the same pot with oil, fry onions, green pepper, celery until soft
- Add carrots, garlic, young onions and herbs and cook for 2min
- Add can of tomatoes, then lamb shanks and red wine. Let it simmer for 5-10min (Salt& Pepper to taste)
- Put the whole pot (lid closed) in a heated oven for 2,5hours at 180Degrees C.
- Add the button mushrooms (whole) just 30 minutes before you finish cooking your shanks.
- Serve with Mash Potatoes, Roast Veggies, Young Potatoes…. anything really
NoniPosted at 17:01h, 21 January
Definitely trying this recipe after my fast
DRCHEFMOMPosted at 10:00h, 22 January
You will love it mah! Thank you for stopping by 🙂
CelestinePosted at 06:09h, 24 January
Defos making this one 👌🏽
DRCHEFMOMPosted at 14:25h, 24 January
Please let me know how it comes out Celestine:)
BusiPosted at 16:03h, 27 January
I don’t eat red meat but I’m going to try this for iou yami 😂looks so yum. Can you kindly add pics of the steps if it isn’t too much of a hasle.
DRCHEFMOMPosted at 17:17h, 27 January
Thank you so much friend! Check my Insta stories, I did post some steps there. Will add the steps in the future😊😍
DumakaziPosted at 18:13h, 27 January
Definitely trying all these recipes thanx Philile
DRCHEFMOMPosted at 18:57h, 27 January
You will love them. Thank you for stopping by Doc😘
PALEO24.COMPosted at 06:00h, 11 March
Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.
DRCHEFMOMPosted at 12:00h, 12 March
LOCAL SEO SERVICESPosted at 19:47h, 22 January
I truly appreciate this post.Much thanks again. Fantastic.
DRMOMCOOKSPosted at 16:47h, 27 January
TPosted at 15:28h, 23 February
What can I replace the red wine with? I’m strictly prohibited from alcohol.
DRMOMCOOKSPosted at 11:12h, 27 February
You can use more stock T 🙂
Zama MbiliPosted at 10:17h, 24 February
Hello Philile, i really love lamb shanks but i do not drink alcohol what should i use instead of cooking the shanks with dry red wine?
DRMOMCOOKSPosted at 11:10h, 27 February
Hello Zama, you can totally omit it and just use more Stock instead :)! Hope this helps