28 Dec Lamb Shank
You Will Need:
- 4 Lamb Shanks
- Carrots – cut into chunks
- Button Mushrooms
- 2 Stalks Celery- Finely chopped
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 6 Young/ Small onions – (whole)
- Half Green pepper – finely chopped
- 500ml Good Quality Dry Red Wine
- 1 Can of Chopped Tomatoes
- Fresh Rosemary ( a handful )
- Fresh Thyme (a handful)
- Dried Oregano -one spoon
- 6 Cloves of Garlic halved
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil 15ml
- Season the lamb shanks with salt and pepper and let them rest.
- Heat oil in a heavy pot (it must also be oven proof).
- Sear the shanks till brown, remove from pot and put aside
- In the same pot with oil, fry onions, green pepper, celery until soft
- Add carrots, garlic, young onions and herbs and cook for 2min
- Add can of tomatoes, then lamb shanks and red wine. Let it simmer for 5-10min (Salt& Pepper to taste)
- Put the whole pot (lid closed) in a heated oven for 2,5hours at 180Degrees C.
- Add the button mushrooms (whole) just 30 minutes before you finish cooking your shanks.
- Serve with Mash Potatoes, Roast Veggies, Young Potatoes…. anything really