27 May Creamy Ham & Salami Pasta
Posted at 06:25h in PhilileCooks 10 Comments
Prep Time: 5min, Cooking Time:30min, Serves 5-6
You Will Need:
- 500g Pasta Joy Penne ( You can use any pasta shape and brand of your choice)
- 10 Slices Ham chopped into cubes
- 8-10 Slices Salami chopped into cubes
- Robot Peppers: 1 Green, 1 Red and 1 Yellow- Chopped
- 1 Large onion, finely chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
- 500ml Fresh Cream
- 125g Button Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 25g Knorr Cream of Mushroom soup powder,
- 300ml Fresh Milk
- 10ml Dried Parsley
- 15ml Olive Oil or Canola Oil
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Grated Parmesan Cheese to sprinkle on top (optional)
- Fresh Basil for Garnishing (optional)
- Cook the pasta in water according to the packet instructions, do not overcook!
- In a heavy pot, sauté onions in olive oil until translucent. Add garlic and stir.
- Add robot peppers and simmer for about 3minutes, then add mushrooms. Now add parsley and season with salt and pepper. Let this cook until all vegetables are soft.
- Now in goes the ham and salami and stir.
- Add cream and stir, let this simmer and reduce on low heat with the lid closed for about 5-8minutes.
- Taste your sauce, add more salt & pepper if necessary.
- In a separate bowl, dissolve 1/2 a packet of Cream of Mushroom soup powder(25g) in 300ml milk, stir thoroughly and add to the pot and stir.
- Let the sauce thicken on low heat for about 5-8minutes.
- Carefully stir in the pasta and mix it all together until all the pasta is coated with sauce. Allow this to simmer some more, about 3-5min.
- Add grated Parmesan Cheese on top of the pasta and serve
- Garnish with fresh basil
Martha IitulaPosted at 17:43h, 27 May
This is my next meal. What can I serve it with?
DRMOMCOOKSPosted at 08:32h, 28 May
hello Martha! You can have on its own like my kids and husband- it is a complete meal 🙂 . Or you can be like me and add a side salad/green salad
Ntuthu LenyaiPosted at 04:22h, 31 May
Looks so yummy. Will definitely try it. Thank you
DRCHEFMOMPosted at 11:37h, 31 May
Yaay, Ntuthu! Do let me know how it comes out 🙂 , thank you for dropping by.
ThaboPosted at 13:25h, 06 June
I made this for my lady last week, and it seems like I have made life difficult for myself. Because it’s been discussed that I should make this once a week/fortnight.
DRCHEFMOMPosted at 13:57h, 07 June
Ha ha ha! I love how your lady thinks Thabo… Do best my brother 🙂
HazelPosted at 14:08h, 15 November
Eish wanted to cook this tonight but I don’t have yellow pepper in the house 😢
DRMOMCOOKSPosted at 12:53h, 17 November
Hhawu Hazel, you could have used any bell pepper: green, red or yellow will do
NomceboPosted at 17:00h, 12 February
Yummy ! my family really enjoyed this . Thank you Dr Mom .
DRMOMCOOKSPosted at 13:38h, 19 February
Only a pleasure Cebo, thank you for the feedback.