21 Jan Cinnamon & Honey Roasted Butternut
Prep Time: 5min, Cooking Time 55min, Serves 8
YOU WILL NEED:
- 2 Medium Sized Butternuts
- About 50ml Honey
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cinnamon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Crumbled Feta Cheese, a handful.
- Pre-heat the oven at 200 degrees Celsius.
- Rinse the butternut squashes
- Cut them into quarters,
- Scoop out the seeds
- In an oiled baking tray, lay you butternut quarters, facing up.
- Season with a little Salt & Pepper
- Sprinkle Cinnamon all over them
- Squeeze honey over the seasoned butternut,
- Close the baking tray tightly with foil and roast in a pre- heated oven for about 45minutes.
- Remove foil, scoop the syrup from the tray and onto the butternut and roast for a further 10minutes, this will ensure that the outside is crispy and golden.
- Crumble the feta cheese on the squashes.
- Serve as a side dish for a braai, Sunday lunch side, or midweek lunch base.