10 Feb Chicken Curry
Prep Time: 10Min, Cooking Time: 45min, Serves: 6-8
You Will Need:
- 1kg Chicken Pieces (I used thighs & drumsticks)
- 15ml Olive Oil
- 1 Large Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper, chopped
- 3 Cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 3 Sprigs Fresh Curry Leaves
- 1 Tbsp Biryani Masala (you can get it from any Indian spice shop). You can substitute with just Curry Powder
- 1 Tbsp Gharum Masala- OPTIONAL ( from Indian spice shop)
- 1 Tbsp Ground Cumin
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 Tbsp Chicken Spice
- 400g Tomato Purée – 1 Can
- 100g Tomato Paste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Chillies (optional) if you like it HOT🌶😜
- Fresh Coriander for garnishing (optional)
- In an heavy pot sauté onions, green pepper in olive oil until translucent, then add garlic and ginger.
- Add all the spices spices plus oregano and stir continuously.
- Add the chicken and brown it for about 5min.
- Then in goes tomato paste, tomato purée and curry leaves and stir.
- Close the lid and let it simmer on low heat for 30min.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Simmer for a further 3-5min, or until the Chicken is cooked through and the sauce is nice and thick, you can add chillies at this point if you prefer your curry with some heat.
Serve with Basmati Rice and Salads, Garnish with Fresh Parsley