Prep Time: 15min Cooking Time: 1hr15minutes Serves: 6-8
You Will Need:
- 1kg Stewing Beef
- 1 Big Onion finely chopped
- 3 Large Carrots, peeled and chopped into big chunks
- 4 medium Potatoes, peeled and cut into halves
- 4 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper chopped
- 2 Sticks Celery, chopped
- 2 Sprigs Fresh Thyme, Chopped (including stems)
- 1 Tbs Dried Origano
- 1 Tbs Dried Parsley
- 2 Tbs Crushed Garlic Powder
- 1 Tbs Mild Curry Powder
- 1 Tbs Aromat
- 1 Tbs Tomato Paste
- 2 Cubes Beef Stock, dissolved into 500ml boiling water
- Olive Oil for frying
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Season beef with garlic powder, salt & pepper.
- In a heavy pot, heat oil and brown meat in batches until all sides are brown. Remove meat from the pot and set aside (You can completely omit this step, but I find that browning the meat before cooking intensifies the flavour of your dish!)
- In the same pot, fry onions and green pepper, once translucent add celery. Cook until soft then add curry powder and stir. Add carrots, cook for a minute then add beef ( with all the juices). Stir and close the lid, continue cooking on low heat for about 10minutes.
- Add origano, parsley, aromat and tomato paste and stir. Continue cooking on low heat for another 5min, now add the liquid stock. Let this simmer for about 45 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Add chopped thyme and potatoes and cook on low heat until potatoes are soft.
- Taste the sauce and add more salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve with rice, mash potatoes or samp💖