21 Sep Moroccan Chicken & Chickpeas Tagine
Preparation time: 10min, Cooking Time: 1 hour, Serves: 6-8
YOU WILL NEED:
- About 12-16 Chicken pieces(preferably drumsticks & thighs)
- 1 Can KOO Chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 4 Large Potatoes , cut into quarters
- 1 Cup Dried Apricot Halves
- 1 Can Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 Large Onion
- 6 cloves of Garlic -finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp grated Ginger
- 1 Tbsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp ground Cumin
- 1 Tbsp ground Coriander
- 1 Tbsp Paprika
- 1 Tbsp KOO Tomato Paste
- 500ml Chicken Stock
- 3 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Coriander for garnishing (Optional)
- Rinse and dry the chicken
- In a heavy pot or tagine, heat the oil and sauté onions on medium heat until golden brown (about 3min).
- Add garlic then ginger and the rest of the spices and stir continuously.
- Add Chicken pieces and close the lid. Let the chicken cook on medium heat for about 10min.
- After 10min stir the chicken and ensure that all the pieces are coated with spices and cook for a further 5min.
- Add tomatoes and stir. Now add KOO tomato paste and continue stirring. Cover the pot and let this cook for another 10-15min.
- Add chicken stock, then potatoes, and stir. Let this cook until potatoes are almost soft (about 20min-30min).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add canned tomatoes and continue simmering for about 5min.
- Add dried apricots and cook for a further 5-10minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are soft.
- Add KOO Chickpeas & stir. Taste for seasoning and add more salt & pepper if needed.
- Cover the pot and let your tagine simmer for about 3min.
- Serve with Savoury Couscous
- Garnish with Coriander (optional)